Current professional lessons being taught at Active Pathways includes Little Shakers.
Active Pathways provides a range of incursions which ensure that children are provided with ongoing stimulation and diversity of ideas and viewpoints. We have undertaken a range of various specialised activities, and these include: dance and music lessons, toddler yoga, French language lessons, and sign language instruction.
In 2017, Hey Dee Ho Music is being provided. Hey Dee Ho Music is provided by an external instructor and is a special way of incorporating music and movement.
Music and movement helps children to develop a range of skills including:
- Learning to participate in a group
- Developing social skills
- Expressing emotions in a safe and non-threatening environment
- Improving balance, coordination and rhythm through dance and movement activities
- Refining listening skills by noticing changes in tempo or pitch
- Improving motor skills through playing musical instruments
In addition to Hey Dee Ho Music, we are also providing cooking experiences for the children in both Lullaby Lane and Adventure Island. The children have been enjoying these experiences immensely, and are receiving a range of benefits including:
1. Learning basic mathematical concepts by counting and pouring into measuring cups, etc.
2. Developing a more adventurous palate
3. Being exposed to new sights, sounds and smells, and
4. Having their confidence boosted through the accomplishment of creating wonderful new dishes