Professional lessons being taught at Active Pathways
Active Pathways provides a range of incursions which ensure that children are provided with ongoing stimulation and diversity of ideas and viewpoints. We undertake a range of various specialised activities, and these are rotated on a term by term basis. Some of these activities include: music and movement lessons, toddler yoga and French language lessons. Professional music lessons are provided on a weekly basis to all children at Active Pathways all year round. These music lessons are provided Hey Dee Ho Music which is an external program designed specifically for children.
Music and movement helps children to develop a range of skills including:
- Learning to participate in a group
- Developing social skills
- Expressing emotions in a safe and non-threatening environment
- Improving balance, coordination and rhythm through dance and movement activities
- Refining listening skills by noticing changes in tempo or pitch
- Improving motor skills through playing musical instruments
In addition to professional music lessons, we also provide regular cooking experiences for all children at Active Pathways. Our children enjoy these experiences immensely, and receive a range of benefits including:
1. Learning basic mathematical concepts by counting and pouring into measuring cups, etc.
2. Developing a more adventurous palate
3. Being exposed to new sights, sounds and smells, and
4. Having their confidence boosted through the accomplishment of creating wonderful new dishes.
In accordance with Active Pathways commitment to environmental protection and sustainability, we are members of the nationally recognized 'Small Green Steps Program'. The implementation of this program at our Centre involves our educators providing children with sustainable activities and using more and more natural materials for artworks and educating children about recycling and waste management. Our children really enjoy being involved in activities such as gardening, litter pickup, and park excursions which showcase our city's flora and fauna. We like to encourage our Active Pathways families to be involved in our 'Let's Go Green Culture' by donating various recycled materials for re purposing and up cycling. Central to Active Pathways environmental philosophy we have developed a strong relationship with the Toowoomba Regional Council. This has resulted in the provision of regular excursions and incursions which enable the Toowoomba Regional Council to educate our children on important environmental issues and practices. Some of these include the development and maintenance of our worm farm, the implementation and maintenance of our compost facilities and the ongoing practice of our energy saving processes.